23 Jul Anishinaabe Culture Through The 13 Moons Anishinaabe Nutrition Project
Through your participation in the Walmart Healthy Nutrition and or the MI Tribal Food Access Coalition Projects, we have compiled a set of resources for each month in 2021. The resources are focused on healthier eating using ingredients that may either be found at your local grocery store, farmer’s market, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) site.
This eighth set August 2021, includes:
- The Bison Meatloaf Recipe with the link to the cooking demonstration video
- A flavorsome Summer Squash Recipe
- A lesson from the 13 Moons Anishinaabe project – Gichi-ogin (Tomato) is our Relative
- 2020 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-Eatright Essentials: Cooking Basics: “Food Safety Storing Leftovers” Handout
- 2020 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Eatright Essentials -Eating Healthy on a Budget: ”Feeding Your Family” Handout