24 Jun July Nutrition and Recipe of the Month – Blackened Catfish
Through the Walmart Healthy Nutrition and or the MI Tribal Food Access Coalition Projects, we have compiled a set of resources for each month in 2021. The resources are focused on healthier eating using ingredients that may either be found at your local grocery store, farmer’s market, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) site.
The resources which are shared each month also include Anishinaabe culture through the 13 Moons Anishinaabe Nutrition project. Lastly, we have included two handouts from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics which supports the monthly recipe.
This seventh set for July 2021, includes:
- The Blackened Catfish Recipe with the link to the cooking demonstration video
- A Tasty Cornmeal Pancakes with BlueBerry Sauce Recipe
- A lesson from the 13 Moons Anishinaabe Nutrition project – Miinan Berry is our Relative
- 2020 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics-Eatright Essentials: Cooking Basics: “Make Your Own Rubs and Marinades” Handout
- 2020 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Eatright Essentials -Eating Healthy on a Budget: ” Healthy Breakfasts”